To be clear, I'm apologizing on behalf of a group of people that doesn't even realize it needs to apologize. Yet, they are all loosely connected by a title that should mean a lot more, "Christian."
- I'm sorry for the unkind and horrible things said and done by many religious hypocrites in the name of Jesus Christ, who would never commend or condone such behavior or attitudes. Those people have given Christians a bad name.
- I'm sorry if it's challenging for us to be close friends simply because the label I apply to myself, "Christian," associates me with self-righteous religious organizations or shallow worldviews that are often self-serving, proud, hypocritical, and judgmental. For they have given Christianity a bad name.
- I'm especially sorry if you are offended by Christ not because of what He said and did, but because of what others who claim to be faithfully following Him arrogantly declare as justification for their own moral superiority.
How can one come to Jesus to learn from Him, who is gentle and lowly in heart, when He is presented along with God as being harsh and cruel? Indeed, why would anyone come to Him then?
But, that is not the way I learned Christ. I wish to share what I've learned from Scripture that's actually quite refreshing. I could remember thinking after some sermons, "How could the good news sound so bad?" I learned if the good news does not sound great, it's not the gospel.
I don't judge you or condemn your beliefs. On the contrary, I respect whatever faith and lifestyle you choose. Your choices are your responsibility, just as mine are my responsibility. All are welcome!
I'm simply asking for a chance. I'm pleading for bits of your time as I post herein. I've posted a lot of Bible lessons already, if you're interested. But, from here on out, at least for a while, I plan to post some of the hundreds of my personal prayers. They're short, so it shouldn't take long to read.
I desire for you to see my love for the Father and for Christ, and understand why I've persisted in seeking Him in a religious world that puts self-gain before truth and grace.
So, please give my writings some thought. I hope you stick around. I hope you are refreshed. Likewise, feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts and heart with me, or ask any questions. I'd love to hear from you.
- I wholeheartedly believe in Christ.
- If I have not love, I am nothing.
Yes, I am a Christian. But, I'm sure that doesn't mean what you've been told it means. I know, I've been there. Please accept my sincere apologies to you, my friend, and read on.
Post a Comment